1. According to Senate Document No. 264. the official publication. 99 per cent of American people are deficient in minerals, and a marked deficiency in any one of the more important minerals actually results in disease.
2. The body is equipped to chelate only a small amount of some inorganic elements from nature. Therefore, the body requires the minerals to come from plants in a chelated form that the minerals may be properly assimilated and utilized. The efficiency of each mineral is enhanced by balanced amounts of the others.
3. The body must maintain an adequate mineral supply to maintain a balance between internal and external pressures of the body cells called osmotic equilibrium. This state must he maintained for normal cell function and continued youthful health.
4. All nutrients such as vitamins, proteins, enzymes. amino acids. carbohydrates, fats, sugars. oils. etc. require minerals for activity. All bodily processes depend upon the action of minerals.
5. Trace chelated minerals are more important in nutrition than vitamins. Vitamins can he synthesized by living matter, minerals cannot.
6. Vitamins are required for every biochemical activity of the body. Vitamins cannot function unless minerals are present.
7. Minerals are the catalysts that make enzyme functions possible. Chelated minerals combine with, enzymes into an alkaline detoxifying agent which neutralizes the acid metabolic by products of the cells and other toxic conditions within the body and prepares them for elimination.
8. Hormonal secretion of glands is dependent upon mineral stimulation.
9. The acid-alkaline balance (pH) of the tissue fluid is controlled by minerals.
10. All elements work together as a collective whole. If there is a shortage of just one mineral. the balance of the entire bodily activity can he thrown awry. A deficiency of one mineral may disrupt the entire chain of life. rendering other nutrients either useless or inefficient.
11. The concept brought forth by French scientists concerning the biological transmutation ~f the elements within the body makes it understandable as to why the body needs the broad range of chelated minerals in balance to regain and maintain good health
12. Minerals are, therefore. justified as a supplemental dietary substance especially in these days when the mineral content of our fruits and vegetables are destroyed by petrochemicals and synthetic fertilizers.